House Rules at Winstrup Minihotel & Hostel
For everyone to get along under the same roof there are a few things you should consider;
- Be considerate of your roommates who want to go to bed early or do not want to be woken up when you get up.
- Keep your belongings organized, use cabinets and drawers so that others do not have to take detours to reach their things.
- Never put suitcases on the beds, as it can be difficult to know which hitchhikers you brought with you from the hostel in Tashkent, and who now want to move in with us.
- Do not put bags on the floor, use the cabinets and luggage shelves. It’s not fun to trip over a bag in the middle of the night when you’re in a hurry to the bathroom. It also makes it easier for us to clean the floors.
- Do not talk on the phone late at night in the room, it’s better to do it in the common room.
- Use headphones when watching a movie or doing anything else that makes noise on your phone, tablet, or laptop.
- The door to the room closes with a loud “clunk”. The door closers need to pull the door tightly to guarantee fire safety. Hold onto the door when closing it while others are sleeping in the room.
- Do not use other rooms, pillows, or blankets than the ones assigned to you. Even if the room is vacant at the moment, someone may come in late at night. Please ask if you need extra bed linens. If we have not agreed on the cost of extra bed linens in advance, we will charge 250 SEK afterwards.
- Smoking is absolutely not allowed inside the hostel, opening the window does not help, it is still prohibited. There is a designated smoking area to the right outside the main entrance, with a large ashtray mounted on the wall.
- The kitchen is shared with other guests, and it is each guest’s responsibility to clean up and do their own dishes. Do not leave dishes in the sink! Place plates, glasses, and utensils in the dishwasher. If the dishwasher is full of dirty dishes, start it, dishwasher tablets are available on the kitchen counter between the sinks. If the dishes are clean, empty the dishwasher. Wash pots and pans in the sink and let them dry in the dish rack. We charge 350 SEK per hour to take care of the mess (if and when needed).
- The smoke alarm in the kitchen reacts to strong cooking odors or if your toasted sandwiches start burning. Cook on lower heat, turn on the fan, and keep an eye on your items, both in the oven and toaster. A visit from the fire department costs at least 11,000 SEK for the person who caused the visit.
- Check how the bathroom looks after you shower or use the toilet. Would you think it’s okay if it looked like this when you come next time? Use the brushes.
- Please leave your pillowcases, fitted sheets, pillow covers, and towels in the gray sacks at the reception when checking out (duvet, pillows, and mattress protectors remain in the bunk bed).
- Children and teenagers under 18 years old must always have a responsible adult present at the hostel.
- Never leave valuables unattended, either in the room or in common areas. All lockers are lockable, and locks are available for purchase if needed.
- Keep in mind that there may be people moving around outside rooms Selma and Garbo. Do not leave windows open when you are not in the room, and do not leave your valuables unattended when the window is open. It is easy for someone to enter from outside, and we cannot install bars as it would make it difficult to exit quickly in case of emergency.
- Empty your clothes of all small items (nails, keys, coins, etc.) before putting them in the washing machine. The cost of repairs will be charged to the person who caused the problem. Those who do not follow the rules risk being asked to check out immediately without any refund.
The list can be made much longer but you get the drift. If there is anything you do not agree with, please contact us immediately on +46 46 80 900. If you do not follow the rules, we might ask you to check out immediately with out a refund for your remaining stay.